Pics, Links, eStore, Stuff...

Friday, March 6, 2015

Fearfully and Wonderfully

Psalm 139:13-16
"For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be."

This is a very familiar verse, especially in the Pro-Life movement. And for good reason. When David marvels and says "I was fearfully and wonderfully made"  the ancient Hebrew word for "made" is the same word found in Genesis chapter 1 when God made the world and it's occupants. It is the same Hebrew word used when describing an artist creating a work of art. That's what you are to God...a work of art. Read the Genesis account of Creation and notice one thing; God spoke everything into existence except man. He made man by hand. He created us with His touch. God touched you the moment you were conceived. He has a plan. It will include dark days and bright. Good times and bad. Prosperity and poverty, with NO guarantee which one will prevail while here on Earth. You were created by hand for a purpose. A reason. A cause. You are an instrument that has a song to play and if you don't play it, the music of the world will be just a little duller, just a little less exciting. Someone's life might go untouched. Some struggling soul might be left without inspiration. You never know who is watching and taking strength from your struggle. You never know who needs to hear YOUR song.
Wherever you are, whatever you do...play your music loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments. However, to keep the content "G Rated" all comments will be moderated. Please no mention of other web sites without prior approval